CINNAMON FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Does Cinnamon help with weight loss? Does it really work? If so to what extent? And which Cinnamon is best for weight loss? These are questions that go through most people's minds when they are considering Cinnamon as a weight loss aid..
These are very difficult questions to answer because there is insufficient scientific evidence that Cinnamon helps with weight loss.. Our personal experience is that Cinnamon works for weight loss up to a certain point and to some extent and for some people, but it must be combined with a healthy program of diet and exercise.
Will Cinnamon melt away your fat? Absolutely not. But it could prevent more fat from being added to your body. Think of Cinnamon is a weight gain preventer as opposed to a weight loss plan.
If you continue to lead an unhealthy life style and eat badly and then cinnamon will have a hard time making any progress whatsoever on your weight loss plan. Even if you consume huge amounts of Cinnamon. Besides consuming very high levels of Cinnamon could lead to high toxicity levels in your body.
Why Cinnamon might work as a weight loss aid
1. Cinnamon keeps you feeling full -
According to Dr. Mercola Cinnamon slows down the emptying of your stomach, mostly to reduce the blood sugar spikes. And if you feel fuller, then chances are you will eat less.
2. Cinnamon is a natural digestive - Cinnamon apparently helps digest your food properly. That means you probably will extract more nutrients for your body from a given amount of food and don' have to eat excessively to do so.
3. Cinamon helps store less fatty acid - If your body gets excess sugar, the liver converts this sugar into fatty acids or fat. Cinnamon seems to increase your blood sugar metabolism meaning it breaks down sugar for absorption into the body as energy. That might mean less fatty acids are produced for your body to store.
4, Cinnamon helps energy levels, concentration and alertness - Some research shows Cinnamon has this effect of focusing your mind and keeping you alert and in a better mood. If you feel more energized chances are you will exercise and lead a more active lifestyle.
5. Cinnamon improves gut health - Cinnamon is a powerful anti bacterial that could help get rid of bad bacteria in your stomach. This NIH article says gut microbes and diet can affect obesity. Cinnamon being a powerful anti bacterial will get rid of both good and bad bacteria in your stomach. So clean up your system with Cinnamon and reintroduce some good bacteria with non dairy probiotics or foods high in healthy gut bacteria like Kim chi.
Which Cinnamon is best for weight loss?
Ceylon Cinnamon is the best choice for a possible weight loss program because it has low Coumarin levels and won't damage your liver if taken daily.
Some research and anecdotal evidence suggest that Cassia Cinnamon you get in your local grocery store is more effective than Ceylon Cinnamon in helping with weight loss. The problem is Cassia Cinnamon has high levels of Coumarin (5%-8%) which will kill your liver. So you might end up skinny and die from liver failure. Cassia Cinnamon is acceptable for occasional consumption but if you are taking Cinnamon on a daily basis for weight loss then Ceylon Cinnamon is the better choice. Besides Ceylon Cinnamon tastes very mild, is slightly sweeter (zero sugar) and has a wonderful exotic aroma when boiled and made into a tea.
The best way to loose weight is to reduce your food intake. And Cinnamon might help by reducing the hunger pangs. It does not seem to have any property to burn away your fat cells. But it could possibly prevent the accumulation of fatty cells. Ultimately it is your decision. Try it for three months. It it fails, the cost would be far cheaper than any other other possible remedy with virtually zero side effects. But it essential to get good quality Ceylon Cinnamon.
How Much Cinnamon Can I take For Weight Loss
The US national Health service claims you should not take more than 6g (1 1/4 teaspoons) of Cinnamon per day for 6 weeks or less with a period of rest (about one week) after six weeks. Seems like good advise. Or you could take it for 5 days straight, have a rest for 2 days and then repeat the cycle. Maybe an easier approach.
However we believe the US National Health service advise is based on Cassia Cinnamon and it's high levels of Coumarin. Since Ceylon Cinnamon has negligible levels of Coumarin it seems you can double your Ceylon Cinnamon dosage and still be under the European Daily Intake standards of 0.1 mg/kg body weight. Secondly higher dosages of Ceylon Cinnamon may also make it as effective as Cassia Cinnamon. Just a guess but worth exploring.
Cinnamon Recipes for Weight Loss
Admittedly taking a teaspoon of Cinnamon powder is pretty boring. We would suggest you incorporate Cinnamon into everyday life. The best way is to make a Cinnamon Lime Gym hydration Formula. In addition to blood sugar control it will keep you alert, focused and help cartilage development.
Think about incorporating Cinnamon into your everyday life. In Sri Lanka the home of Ceylon Cinnamon, it is incorporated into the daily diet. No wonder most Sri Lankan's are skinny. How about a Cinnamon Cabbage stir fry or a fabulous Cinnamon Mackerel Fish Curry ?. Click here for recipes.
One of the most pleasant ways to take Cinnamon is by drinking a cup of real Cinnamon Black Tea. Our tea is all real, infused with premium quality Ceylon Cinnamon Bark Oil. The combination of high quality Ceylon Tea and premium Ceylon Cinnamon Oil will have you looking forward to a cup of Cinnamon Tea everyday. It is naturally sweet without sugar. You have to try it to believe it. And the exotic scent is quite an experience. But experiment to keep things interesting.. Make a Iced Cinnamon Orange Tea. Or spice it up with cloves and fresh ginger to create an anti-oxidant powerhouse of a drink. Click here for recipes.
Should you take Cinnamon Capsules for Weight Loss?
Weight loss cannot be found in a capsule. Click here to find out the dangers of Cinnamon capsules.
The Best Strategy for Weight Loss
1. Reduce Sugar Consumption - Taking out sugar from your diet is probably the single most effective way to lose weight. That includes all sugar you add to Tea or Coffee, sugar in soft drink,sugar in processed foods and sugar that comes from eating too much Carbohydrates. We estimate takiing out sugar will account for near 55% of weight loss.
Take out sugar from your diet with the help of Ceylon Cinnamon which we believe will reduce your sugar cravings more than anything else. If you have sugar cravings, there is a high chance that you have Candida which creates even worse sugar cravings. Cinnamon kills the Candida Yeast better than most things.
2. Eat a balanced small meal - Small meals are better than large meals. The main thing however is never repeat patterns. Have a bit of everything. Don't eat the same greens over and over again. If you want some carbs mix it up with rice, bread, semolina. For meats, eat everything from beef to chicken to fish. A good diet we estmate contributes another 20% to weight loss.
3.. Exercise - This is one of the biggest myths. Exercvise will only help you tone your muscles and get your blood circulatioin which is great for skin, making it glow. But you must only do moderate exercise. Pick something you can do for the rest of your life no matter what. That is why playiong a sport or dancing is far better than spending hours at the gym. Yes you do need a little bit of weight lifting to increase bone density. Exercise we believe contriubuted less than 5% of any weight loss program.
4. Good sleep for weigfht loss - There is increasing evidence that poor sleep leads to weight gain and obesity.