Tired of all the chemicals you are spaying in your house? Wondering if they cause all those cancers? If you have children or pets this is a major issue for many parents. Many of those chemicals cause chemical corrosion even to the bottle they come in. So imagine what it does to all the living breathing people in the house. Time to learn how to make a home made All-Natural Disinfectant Spray with Cinnamon Leaf Oil.
Ceylon Cinnamon leaf oil is of one nature’s best natural disinfectants you can find. And it smells absolutely fantastic. It is one of those scents that you don’t get tired of easily. It just gives off that earthy clean smell. Not the usual over powering chemical smell.
First you need a nice robust spray bottle. Home Depot has a good spray mister. The bottle says designed to resist chemical corrosion. Guess you don’t need to worry about that with this Cinnamon disinfectant. You should pay the six bucks and get spray mister bottle because the cheap one break very easily. In either case keep the receipt (do not forget) because even the best ones break before 5 years and this one says there is a 5 years guarantee. So here is how to make to make antural disinfectant
- Add 24 oz. of Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) or distilled water (tap water if you must) to the spray bottle
- Add 2 teaspoons of pure Cinnamon Leaf oil (0.35 oz.) to the spray bottle.
- Shake bottle well
- Spray, leave for 30 seconds and wipe well with a clean damp micro fiber cloth
- Shake before each use as the oil will settle to the bottom very fast.
Tips & Warnings
- Store the cleaner in cool a dark place. Keep away from heat and the sun to prolong shelf life
- Shake well prior to each use as the oil will accumulate at the bottom
- Use a micro fiber cloth to wipe all surfaces. Tests show that cleaning surfaces with microfiber cloths or mops eliminates 99% of bacteria, while conventional cleaning tools reduce bacteria by only 33%. And with their superior ability to “grab” dust and debris, cleaning is faster and easier.
- Safe to use on tile, metal and counter top surfaces
- Color test to see if it works on wood and vinyl surfaces without damaging. We have not yet seen any adverse effects on using diluted Cinnamon leaf oil to clean wood or vinyl surfaces.
- The ideal water to cinnamon oil ratio is 68:1. Do not exceed this ratio as it may cause skin irritation. In either case wear gloves when using any disinfectant including this natural cinnamon disinfectant.
- May cause a slight skin irritation, very similar to when using alcohol based cleaners. Take precautions and test in a small area before use. It should present no problems to most people.
- For stubborn black ants on counter tops you maybe need to spray one squirt of cinnamon leaf oil without dilution. Wear gloves if you do so and keep away from eyes. Spray and wipe with a damp microfiber cloth.
- Unlike chemicals cleaners Cinnamon Leaf oil is an extremely effective natural disinfectant with no known side effects like cancer.
10. If you apply concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil directly to skin or breath it directly or ingest it, you may experience irritation, a burning sensation, redness, welts, a rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, dizziness, facial flushing, red eyes and nausea. So be careful when dealing the concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil.
11. Do not touch genital areas if you have directly touched concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil even if you have washed your hands as it will cause a burning sensation. Yes we discovered this the hard way. Wear gloves when handling Cinnamon leaf oil.
12. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should also avoid using cinnamon in any form.
Top 20 Places To Use A Natural Cinnamon Disinfectant
- Kitchen counters
- Kitchen trash can – disinfect and get rid of bad odors
- Toilet and toilet seats to disinfect and get rid of bad odors
- Bath tubs
- Car interiors including vinyl surfaces to disinfects. Test a small spot for color fastness but it should present no problems in most cases
- Inside kitchen cabinets to kills small fruit flies and insects
- Spray on mattresses to kill bed mites
- Door knobs
- Toilet Bowls
- Refrigerators interiors and exteriors
- Cutting boards – To get rid of Salmonella
- Washing toys
- Diaper pails
- Fruit basket surfaces to keep away fruit flies
- Computer keyboards and mice
- Shoes and sneakers
- Day care centers
10 Reasons to use Cinnamon Leaf Oil as a disinfectant
- All natural – Can be used on any surface even food preparation surfaces such as cutting boards and inside refrigerators
- Zero chemicals
- No side effects other than skin irritation if not diluted properly
- Safe for use on 99% of surfaces
- Keeps away black ants, mice, cockroaches and many household insects
- Cheaper than buying commercial disinfectants
- No cancer causing agents
- Anecdotal evidence suggests that Cinnamon improves cognitive (brain) function
- Pleasant odor
- Excellent scent throw and staying power