The humble Tea bag in the supermarket shelf has been given a tea a bad rap. It’s what you call cheap and cheerful. It is without exception made with cheap low quality tea. Often called tea dust or fanning’s it produces a strong brew at the expense of flavor. In Sri Lanka a strong brew is often referred to as having “ Kahata “ or tea that has a textured aftertaste and tends to be darker in color. Unfortunately these teas lack any flavor. They are insipid to say the least. Utterly devoid of any character. Which is why there has been a rush to loose leaf teas. What I call “ Loose Leaf Tea Snobs ”. So why are Pyramid Tea Bags better than loose leaf teas you ask?
Because “Triangular Pyramid Tea Bags“ changes all the old rules. It brings a new innovation to tea brewing. The garden variety super market tea bag has limited space inside. Which means only lower grade tea dust could be put into these tea bags. If you put larger leaf high quality leaves inside these bags, they would explode as it brewed. And it wouldn’t brew properly. In order to brew properly, tea leaves have to move around. Only tiny tea dust particles could move around in the tiny space of a traditional tea bag which is the primary reason why tea dust was and is used in traditional tea bags. This meant you got a tea with great color, a strong brew but poor quality.
The Pyramid Tea Bag changed all that in one stroke. Pyramid bags are made from nylon strands that are woven into a small net-like mesh, creating holes in the bag much larger than conventional paper bags. These larger holes allow for water to come in contact with more of the tea’s surface area, thus releasing more essential oils and character into the cup. It also allows for much higher quality larger leaf teas to be inserted into the tea bag.
The pyramid triangular structure of these bags provides space for the tea to move around easily. When you add hot water to the tea bag, the general tendency is for the leaves to move around in a circular pattern as they heat and then cool down. That means the pyramid teabag now duplicates what happens in a teapot or infuser with loose leaf teas. So you don’t have to go through the messy process of adding loose leaf tea to a teapot, brewing it, then straining it. Even a tea infuser involves more steps. Plus you have to measure the right amount of tea. And when you’re rushing to work who has time to mess with infusers and tea pots? Really it doesn’t work. With a pyramid tea bag you have none of that. Heat the water, drop the teabag in, squeeze the bag after 3 minutes (or maybe leave it in), and add honey or sugar and you are done. Now that is convenient high quality. Best of all you don’t look like a Loose Leaf Tea Snob.
Note : Cinnamon Vogue Cinnamon Tea bags can be left in the cup and don’t have to be squeezed. In fact it gets better when you leave the tea bag in the cup. While most tea bags if they are left in the cup produces a bitter after taste, this is not the case with Cinnamon Vogue Cinnamon tea.
That means if you are rushing out to work, you can simply add the water, honey and the tea bag into your car coffee mug and be on your way. And when it gets cold it tastes even better. Not many teas can say that. This what separates a truly great tea with merely an average one.
If you want to be unique, creative, considerate and kind, the best Christmas gift for 2012 has to be a Ceylon Cinnamon Gift set. Not only does it offer a huge variety of health benefits, it has an exotic aroma that is universally liked. That means it is a great gift for everyone from you mom, girlfriend, boyfriend, aunt, sister in law, grandmother, coworker, close friend or business client.
For the first time ever in the United States, you can now buy Cinnamon Gift sets. A wonderful combination of Cinnamon products that will suit virtually anyone. This is not the usual cheap Cassia Cinnamon that you get in the supermarket. This Ceylon Cinnamon, which is hand crafted by extremely skilled artisans in the tiny Island of Sri Lanka. It’s soft, sophisticated and not over powering like the Cassia Cinnamon.
But lest you think Cinnamon is just a spice, then think again. Because Cinnamon comes in many forms and includes Cinnamon Sticks, Cinnamon Power, and Cinnamon Sugar, Cinnamon Tea and Cinnamon Leaf Oil and Cinnamon Bark oil. While all of them have great health benefits each form of Cinnamon delivers a particular benefit. For example Cinnamon Leaf oil is often used in vapor therapy or aromatherapy, while Cinnamon sticks are great for baking and Asian cooking. Cinnamon Sugar can be used for everything from face scrubs to sprinkle on fruits and breakfast cereals.
So why is Cinnamon the best Christmas Gift of 2012? Because Cinnamon is a fun healthy gift that can be used by anyone. More people are becoming health conscious. Many are looking for natural ways to improve nutrition and health in addition to diet and exercise. Here are six reasons why Ceylon Cinnamon is the best Christmas Gift for 2012.
Make Mulled Wine For Christmas – Everyone knows that a great mulled wine is essential for any family Christmas gathering. And a great Mulled Wine can only be made with Ceylon Cinnamon sticks. Primarily because Ceylon Cinnamon does not over power the mulled wine. It blends well with the other ingredients to create something incredibly healthy and tasty.
Uplift the Moodand Keep the Toilets clean – Christmas can be a stressful time. A house full of relatives can often be a volatile combination, especially after a few drinks. A few drops of Cinnamon Oil mixed with water, burning in a diffuser in the corner will unknowingly improve everyone’s mood. Try it! Cinnamon is a scent known to give you a quick pick me as well increasing cognitive abilities related to concentration, memory and alertness. Use it for a house or office Christmas party.
Digest the Food – One of the travails and some would see say miseries of Christmas is the overeating of rich foods. People put on so much weight during this short time; they spend the next 6 months trying to undue to damage. Well the best solution is to have a cup of Cinnamon Tea after each meal and cure the problem from ever happening. Cinnamon is a known digestive and will help reduce bloating and stomach ailments that come with over eating. It is also known to improve blood circulation and metabolism (for weight loss) by thinning your blood. Add some honey to the Cinnamon Tea and your guests will thank you for making them feel great.
Disinfect the house – With so many visitors, kids, relatives and a warm house it is easy to catch something. The germs are everywhere. In the car, on the door knobs, refrigerators, TV remote, light switches and toilets. Keep ahead by making a natural cinnamon disinfectant with Ceylon Cinnamon and wiping down everything, especially the toilets before the guests arrive.
Look your best for Christmas with Cinnamon Sugar – With so many events to attend, so many relatives to meet, harried shopping, Christmas concerts to attend, your face and feet and going to suffer more than its usual damage. Make your own Cinnamon Orange Face and Foot Scrub and look your best for the season.
For a great range of healthy Cinnamon Gift Ideas visit Cinnamon Vogue. Plan ahead and order early. A gift of healthy is forever appreciated. The scent of Cinnamon will create warm memories that stand the test of time. Best of all you can say you chose the best Christmas gift for 2012.
Not many people in the United States know why Cinnamon Oil is vital for your health. If they did many of our health problems could be drastically reduced. The ancient Egyptians knew about the true power of Ceylon Cinnamon. The variety, that comes from the tiny island nation of Sri Lanka. Was that one of the reasons for their amazing success? Was it the reason they were able accomplish astonishing feats of engineering? Build the most amazing works of art. There is only one way to find out. Start using Ceylon Cinnamon leaf oil. So let’s take a closer look at what makes it so special.
Cinnamon comes from the inner bark of a tropical ever green tree. It takes a highly specialized artisan to strip the inner bark. First you need to remove the outer bark. Then through a process of steam distillation, the oil is extracted from this bark. The bark oil is of perfume quality. All you need is just a drop of this potent oil. Most people are quite shocked at how little is needed for any application. It is that powerful. Extremely refined and sophisticated. But far too expensive for everyday use. Which is why it is mostly used for food products like chocolates and a variety of manufactured food products.
What you need for everyday use is Cinnamon leaf oil. It has most of the properties of Cinnamon bark oil without the extreme cost. Cinnamon leaf oil is a germicidal, antiseptic, and antifungal. anthelmintic, antidiarrheal, antidote, antimicrobal, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiputrescent, aphrodisiac, astingent, carminative, digestive, emmenagogue, hemostatic, orexigenic, parasticide, refrigerant, spasmolytic, stimulant, stomachic, and vermifuge. Wow what a long list right? I bet you can’t find another spice with a list like that.
HOW TO USE CINNAMON LEAF OIL
1. Homemade Disinfectant – Safe and can be used for any surface. What makes this natural disinfectant so unique is it can be used on any food preparation surface. Yes that means the wood or plastic cutting board that you cut chicken on. It means you can use it on the inside of your refrigerator. Why? Because it is not toxic and is a strong germicidal. – Use on toilets, inside and outside refrigerators, dishwashers, cutting boards, door knobs, microwaves, toilet bowl, toilet seats, sneakers and sneakers which are a particular harbinger of germs.
2. Cinnamon Mouthwash – Fights bad breadth and kills germs. Add one drop to 10oz of water and this makes a superb mouthwash that will kill any bacteria. For more effective results use Hydrogen peroxide instead of water. Great for smokers or those who have gum disease and really need to keep mouth bacteria at a healthy level.
3. Natural Denture Cleaner – Mix 2 drops Cinnamon leaf oil.with 10 oz with hydrogen peroxide and For sparkling clean dentures, many dentists recommend soaking them in hydrogen peroxide. Adding Cinnamon leaf oil addresses any bacteria issues. You may want to adjust the mixture ratio if two drops are not enough but make sure you wash it after you soak it overnight. Increasing the ratio may irritate your skin so you need to adjust to suit your own preferences and to get the right blend of germ killing effects.
4. Cinnamon Face Scrub – Add two drops to give it strong antiseptic, anti-microbial properties and germicidal effects. Environental factors expose our face to severe damage and adding Cinnamon leaf oil a highly effective way to get rid of facial bacteria. Click here to see our previous on how to make your own home natural Cinnamon Orange Face Scrub.
5. Athletes Foot Wash– Mix with no more than 1% Cinnamon leaf oil in a bucket of warm water and soak your feet. If you tend wear close shoes for most of the day or are a heavy runner, a natural antiseptic Cinnamon leaf oil is a must to keep any fungal infections at bay.
6. Cinnamon oil Diffuser – If you have winter blues this is the thing for a quick pick me up. Cinnamon is known to improve cognitive function. Add just two drops to 2 tablespoons of water and burn it in a diffuser to bath the whole house with this magnificent scent. You will be quite amazed at how powerful just three drops of Cinnamon leaf oil can be.
7. Odor neutralizer – If you have had a bad case of diarrhea (and who hasn’t the smell can be positively highly radioactive. Often you have to throw up a containment zone that could a run a few blocks. Fabreze is not going to cut. Use all natural Cinnamon leaf oils which has the added advantage of being a germ killer. Especially after diarrhea, the air particulates can be particularly nasty and only Cinnamon leaf oil can count as the most effective natural disinfectant. Click here to read our previous post on how to make all natural cinnamon disinfectant.
8. Insect repellent – Gets rid of black ants, kills Mosquito larvae, pesky household insects from roaches to flies. Use the natural cinnamon disinfectant formula to spray and wipe all areas in the kitchen with Cinnamon Leaf Oil. Regular use will keep these insects at bay. For stubborn ants or roaches spray undiluted (wear gloves) and wipe with a wet microfiber cloth but in most cases this is not necessary. Just a whiff of this stuff is enough to keep them away but flies may need a stronger solution.
9. Bed Bugs – We all know about the recent bug epidemic right? Spray on mattresses to kill dust mites and bed bugs. For beg bugs consider 10:1 dilution ratio and adjust to an even stronger mixture as necessary. Let it dry naturally but not in the sun as exposure to sun will evaporate the leaf oil before it has had time to work. If you can catch a bed bug and see what mixture ratio will work so much the better. 100% will work for sure but that might make the mattress unusable as skin irritations and the strong smell will over power you, killing both you and the bud bugs.
10. Natural disinfecting Shampoo – If you don’t want to make your own natural shampoo, then consider adding just one drop of Cinnamon leaf oil into your normal shampoo. That will ensure your hair is not only naturally disinfected but also help keep away those stubborn head lice that your children keep getting and seem impossible to get rid of.
11. Washing clothes – Dilute in the ratio 68:1 and use to wash pillows, children’s fluffy toys like teddy bears, blankets. Or add 3 drops to your regualr washload. The best way to do this is to mix three drops into a glass of water and add to where the bleach goes. Will not stain clothes but check to see just to make sure.
TIPS & WARNINGS
Wear gloves when you mix Cinnamon leaf oil as direct contact with dlution may irritate skin. It won’t kill ya but touch your genitals or rub your eyes after direct contact with cinnamon leaf oil and you are going to be hopping around quite a bit.
Good quality ultra pure Cinnamo leaf oil is very potent so you only need to add only a drop. Many people including ourselves were tempted to add more Cinnamon leaf oil. Don’t! All you need is just a drop or two for most applications for very effective results.
If you use the right ingredients, making a homemade cinnamon orange facial scrub is one of the easiest things to do. It smells great, works great and is quite amazing to use. Just think about it. A tube of Johnson and Johnson Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial scrub will cost about $6.00-$7.00. So while that may be cheaper it has all these chemicals which is not ideal. The whole reason to make a homemade facial scrub is to use natural high quality products that is good for your skin and not to save money. You can’t do both and get effective results.
Instructions for making a homemade cinnamon orange facial scrub:
1/4 cup organic cinnamon sugar (2oz)
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice ((1 oz.)
3 tablespoons of olive oil (1.5 oz.)
3 drops cinnamon leaf oil (0.005 oz.)
Shake well to mix
Scrub your face or whole body with the mix using a circular motion to massage it into the skin well and obtain soft healthy skin. Avoid the eye area.
Rinse off the scrub with warm water before applying a toner and moisturizer.
Use once a week only
Shake well before each use as the oils will settle
Unlike other homemade scrubs, this homemade Cinnamon Orange facial scrub has a secret weapon. In addition to being a natural exfoliate, cinnamon is natural disinfectant, antiseptic and anti-microbial. Take a closer look many of the other homemade facial scrubs and you will see most of them can have high propensity to create bacteria. They are merely scrubs and don’t offer much in the way of anti microbial or disinfecting properties. So while it is important to keep your hands clean and dry when you use this scrub, the cinnamon will take care of any bacteria issues.
Cinnamon is also a powerful anti-oxidant. It has an ORAC value of 131,420 (?mol/100g) making it the 7th most powerful anti oxidant and the only you can apply to your face easily. Not very practical to add cloves to your face. Plus Cinnamon has those disinfectant properties remember. Cinnamon sugar has strong anti-oxidant properties but adding three drops of cinnamon leaf oil gives a high power anti-oxidant effects and kill any facial bacteria. Antioxidants also act as a preservative because it slows down oxidation, especially if a product contains oils that tend to oxidize quickly. Please remember not to exceed the recommended quantity of Cinnamon leaf oil as too much will cause skin irritation.
Accessories for your homemade Cinnamon Orange Facial Scrub
Scrub Container – The best container to put this homemade cinnamon orange facial scrub is a 4oz glass spice jar with a sifter cap. Unlike plastic, glass will not create any chemical reactions with the plastic. The sifter cap will ensure that you can pour it into your hands evenly. You can remove and wash the sifter cap each time for added protection.
Stainless Steel Spatula- You might also want to use an easy to clean stainless steel spatula to prevent cross contamination.
Swimming goggles for eye protection – Sounds silly right? But a pair of swimming goggles can prevent any facial scrub getting in your eyes.
Properties of this homemade Cinnamon Orange Facial Scrub Exfoliate, antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-microbial, Vitamin C, astringent
Tip and hints for using homemade Cinnamon Orange Facial Scrub
Do not use more than once a week
Store in refrigerator
Shake well prior to use
Mix ingredients precisely and do not exceed mixture ratios
Use a spice bottle with sifter cap
Use a circular motion to scrub
Avoid getting product into your eyes. Wear swimming goggles for extra eye protection
How to make a natural cinnamon oil disinfectant spray
Tired of all the chemicals you are spaying in your house? Wondering if they cause all those cancers? If you have children or pets this is a major issue for many parents. Many of those chemicals cause chemical corrosion even to the bottle they come in. So imagine what it does to all the living breathing people in the house. Time to learn how to make a home made All-Natural Disinfectant Spray with Cinnamon Leaf Oil.
Ceylon Cinnamon leaf oil is of one nature’s best natural disinfectants you can find. And it smells absolutely fantastic. It is one of those scents that you don’t get tired of easily. It just gives off that earthy clean smell. Not the usual over powering chemical smell.
First you need a nice robust spray bottle. Home Depot has a good spray mister. The bottle says designed to resist chemical corrosion. Guess you don’t need to worry about that with this Cinnamon disinfectant. You should pay the six bucks and get spray mister bottle because the cheap one break very easily. In either case keep the receipt (do not forget) because even the best ones break before 5 years and this one says there is a 5 years guarantee. So here is how to make to make antural disinfectant
Add 24 oz. of Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) or distilled water (tap water if you must) to the spray bottle
Add 2 teaspoons of pure Cinnamon Leaf oil (0.35 oz.) to the spray bottle.
Shake bottle well
Spray, leave for 30 seconds and wipe well with a clean damp micro fiber cloth
Shake before each use as the oil will settle to the bottom very fast.
Tips & Warnings
Store the cleaner in cool a dark place. Keep away from heat and the sun to prolong shelf life
Shake well prior to each use as the oil will accumulate at the bottom
Use a micro fiber cloth to wipe all surfaces. Tests show that cleaning surfaces with microfiber cloths or mops eliminates 99% of bacteria, while conventional cleaning tools reduce bacteria by only 33%. And with their superior ability to “grab” dust and debris, cleaning is faster and easier.
Safe to use on tile, metal and counter top surfaces
Color test to see if it works on wood and vinyl surfaces without damaging. We have not yet seen any adverse effects on using diluted Cinnamon leaf oil to clean wood or vinyl surfaces.
The ideal water to cinnamon oil ratio is 68:1. Do not exceed this ratio as it may cause skin irritation. In either case wear gloves when using any disinfectant including this natural cinnamon disinfectant.
May cause a slight skin irritation, very similar to when using alcohol based cleaners. Take precautions and test in a small area before use. It should present no problems to most people.
For stubborn black ants on counter tops you maybe need to spray one squirt of cinnamon leaf oil without dilution. Wear gloves if you do so and keep away from eyes. Spray and wipe with a damp microfiber cloth.
Unlike chemicals cleaners Cinnamon Leaf oil is an extremely effective natural disinfectant with no known side effects like cancer.
10. If you apply concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil directly to skin or breath it directly or ingest it, you may experience irritation, a burning sensation, redness, welts, a rapid heart rate, shortness of breath, dizziness, facial flushing, red eyes and nausea. So be careful when dealing the concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil.
11. Do not touch genital areas if you have directly touched concentrated Cinnamon leaf oil even if you have washed your hands as it will cause a burning sensation. Yes we discovered this the hard way. Wear gloves when handling Cinnamon leaf oil.
12. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should also avoid using cinnamon in any form.
Top 20 Places To Use A Natural Cinnamon Disinfectant
Kitchen trash can – disinfect and get rid of bad odors
Toilet and toilet seats to disinfect and get rid of bad odors
Car interiors including vinyl surfaces to disinfects. Test a small spot for color fastness but it should present no problems in most cases
Inside kitchen cabinets to kills small fruit flies and insects
Spray on mattresses to kill bed mites
Refrigerators interiors and exteriors
Cutting boards – To get rid of Salmonella
Fruit basket surfaces to keep away fruit flies
Computer keyboards and mice
Shoes and sneakers
Day care centers
10 Reasons to use Cinnamon Leaf Oil as a disinfectant
All natural – Can be used on any surface even food preparation surfaces such as cutting boards and inside refrigerators
No side effects other than skin irritation if not diluted properly
Safe for use on 99% of surfaces
Keeps away black ants, mice, cockroaches and many household insects
Cheaper than buying commercial disinfectants
No cancer causing agents
Anecdotal evidence suggests that Cinnamon improves cognitive (brain) function